Curious about what’s about to come? Ain’t long anymore. If everything works out we’re probably launching the closed beta by the end of the month – or even a couple days earlier.
Looking for about 3-4 weeks of closed beta data and feedback. After that we’re probably already good to go for the Early Access launch.
But you’re here for news on the upcoming goodies, right? We’ve got you covered with some key facts from our developers comments right here:
- Several new Multiplayer-Maps and -Modes, each map with a different mechanic and playstyle.
- Reworked the Lobby-System to look better and work smoother – including character and level pick options.
- Added more Steam-functions, like inviting friends to your lobby or joining a game, using the Steam friendslist.
- You may now throw bombs / shoot missiles into boosters – that should add even more mayhem to given insanity.
- Increased the panic by adding sounds and visuals upon being locked by a homing missile… run Forrest, run!
- Improved Controller support! Even tested with uncommon products like „Real PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5 compatible controller with Force Feedback on Real Copy Console, please install Software first, only $1,99 including family shipping == please buy now to support Chewbacca Hairloss Foundation Hardware! Receive free sticker!“ … We’re still recommending any kind of mouse, since it’s much faster to turn around with. But as the lot of you asked for that support we took care of it and tried to implement and test it as good as possible. There’s a lot of controllers and drivers out there – so please let us know about yours if you’re still facing issues assigning buttons. :)
- Improved the Multiplayer-HUD to show better player stats and infos.
- Added a Lobby Browser to find public games with free slots.
- Added passwort protected lobbies so you can play with your privy friends only.
- Introduced Coolers, which will blow you off your way and may lead to deep drops.
- Made the Hammer-swing-direction really matter by affecting its target with a proper directional force.
- Added a neat knockback to the hammer – you may now kick your friends down the arena edges.
- Balanced weapons in several ways, like changing the laser to consume 20 energy per shot now, giving 5 shots per crate collected, or having a small delay between throwing bombs so you can’t spam them that hard.
- WeaponPlatforms now show a timer until their next respawn – a good timing can now be worth quite a lot.
- Slowed down runspeed a bit when you’re carrying a weapon – this makes it easier to run if you’re unarmed and chased by someone… or more than one…
- Improved hitpoint-bars and nametags in general so they’re easier to see and fade out at a certain distance.
- Improved Laser particles and decals, thus also improved performance.
- New Sounds for Saw, Spikes, Rocket Explosion and Launch, Axe and many more.
- Updated all types of crosshairs, some of them with ballistic markers and animations.
- Lots and lots of Multiplayer Testing-Sessions to improve gameplay and ensure balance.
- Bought some stock shares of Raid®, since we’re using it quite a lot to kill bugs.
Best commit comment during checking our changes from build #1017 to currently #1945 was actually Alex with build #1480: „Redeleted unbroken shit“ … yeah, everyone will know in a year from now what you did there… :D
Stay tuned for more – closed beta incoming!